Here's a Math Problem to Puzzle the Sugar Plums Dancing inExtra Blocks of Wood + (White Paint + Modge Podge) x Chalkboard Printables=???
It equals Cute, Quick, Cost Effective Holiday Gifts! Who knew?
I've been staring at extra pieces of wood beside the shed for months wondering what in the world I would do with them. And then the idea came to me just the other day! Why not paint them white, and modge podge on one of those AWESOME Chalkboard Printables that float all over pinterest?! The kids could even join in and help create these cute little gifts for their teachers (spoiler alert if my kid's teachers are reading this).
What you'll need:
- Blocks of Wood (I have all different sizes)
- Modge Podge
- 2 Sponge/Paint Brushes (one for paint, one for modge podge)
- White Paint or any color you choose
- Sand paper only if you need to smooth out any edges
|Step 2: Paint, let dry|
|Step 3: Cut out Printable, find link below.|
|Step 4: Add Modge Podge to |
Wood first to prevent bumps.
Learned the hard way.
Smooth on Printable.
Then Modge Podge over
sign & edges.
|Step 5: Let dry, make more!|
Variations of this Craft:
- Print out the Printable and put in a frame. Simple. Easy. :)
- Use actual chalkboard paint to paint the blocks of wood
- I'm thinking stapling/glueing some holly, evergreen, or even a burlap bow would be a nice addition to these little chunks of wood.
Check out this pinterest page for FREE downloadable Christmas Chalkboard Printables. You can make your own with photoshop or picmonkey.com (free). Below is a FREE template to start with; just save picture to your computer and upload to photoshop or picmonkey to begin your own chalkboard printable: