Friday, March 13, 2015

7 Verses That Can Rock Your World: Words to Live By

Today I'm sharing 7 verses that have rocked my world--words to live by.

We all know life gets hard. It gets crazy. Insane. Sad. Stressful. Unpredictable. Non-stop. Even when life is good, great, wonderful, and filled with laughter, we need something steady to keep us grounded, focused. Why can't we be our own source of strength? Why can't we choose to do the things we wanna do, and take the path of life we wanna take? Well, we can, free-will, right? BUT, God's Word tells that there's a way that seems right to man, but in the end it leads to death (Proverbs 14:12). Yeah, thanks, but I'll skip the death road. However, when we choose God's way, it leads to life. This whole life and death talk can be both literal and figurative. That's beside the point.

How do we know how we should live? How to act? How to treat each other?

We find those answers in God's Word.

The verses below grabbed hold of me many years ago and taught me a few lessons. 1)God's Word is powerful, real and living. 2) He wants me to trust Him with my worries enough to leave them with Him. 3)My thoughts matter. What I think about becomes my actions. 4) If I believe God's Word is powerful, real, and living, then it will transform every part of my life.

Simple, but profound.

These verses have rocked my world, and I hope they rock yours too!

  • 1 Peter 5: 7: Cast all your burdens on him because he cares for you
  • Romans 8: 28: And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
  • Romans 12: 2: “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
  • Hebrews 4:12: For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
  • Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
  • Philippians 4:12-13 “I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ,[d] who gives me strength.
  • 1 Corinthians 13: 7 “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment