Friday, September 27, 2013

A Fighting Faith Video Blog: Justified War from a Christian's Perspective

There was a time in my life when I thought being a Christian, and a soldier seemed like an oxymoron. 

It was hard to mesh the idea of taking a life in a war situation, and still be a Christian. Yes, I know there are many occasions when God mandated war in the Old Testament, but what about the peace loving, life saving, and healing God of the New Testament? The same God, but how? And how can war, and killing ever be justified?  Thou shall not kill, right? I wrestled with these questions for a long time, and so have many of our military friends. The answers aren't clear-cut or comforting, but they provided a peace, and I can totally live with that. I hope you find the video below helpful. Please feel free to leave your comments, questions, and prayer requests.






No comments:

Post a Comment