Friday, May 31, 2013

It's A Love Story Baby: Military Proposals

When Your Man Put A Ring On It! That's right my friends, we're sharing military love stories & proposals!

Though I prefer the TBS version, An Officer and a Gentleman (SWOON) quite frankly could have the best movie ending--EVER! Don't believe me? Watch my friends. Watch and swoon with me.


What could be more romantic than being carried by a man in uniform? That's right my dear readers, not many things. Hollywood writes about romance, even acts it out with a bunch overpaid pretenders. But true love stories are all around us. Today I want to introduce you to several Army Wives, and let them tell you their ultra awesome love stories and sweet proposals, that put Hollywood's finest attempts of love and romance to shame. Get ready for some major swooning!


"Shaun and I met through a mutual friend 17 years ago. It was a only a phone call at 1st. He had a very appealing voice and our conversation was great. Through many phone calls and learning how much we had in common, we decided to meet. We have been together ever since. He proposed when I went to visit him in Ft. Sill, OK after his AIT in 1997. We got married May 2001 (long engagement, I know  ) and he didn't go active duty until 2003. My name is Laura and we are currently stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC"


"David and I met in 11 years ago. He was helping my roommate move in. David was really funny and not shy at all. I love about him. We had been together for 3 years when he proposed. He wanted to join the army and didntwant to leave without me, so he asked me to go. We have been married for 8 years and are currently in Fort Jackson, SC." ~Jenn



"Chuck and I went to school together but met through my brother. There was lots that attracted me to him: his personality, humor, and looks. He proposed to me October 7, 2005 on our couch after I said Yes. When he proposed, I wanted him to do more than show me a ring. That's when he popped open the ring case and said "I'll love you forever, will you marry me?" We got married December 31st , 2005. We've been in the Army 8 years."
~Megan, Fort Carson Colorado and on our way to Fort Belvoir, VA.



"Matt and I met in Augusta, GA at Chili's while he was going through AIT at Ft. Gordon. I knew he was THE ONE when he went with me to meet my father at the nursing home where my Grandmother was. He spent a whole Sunday afternoon here and at that point we had only known each other a few weeks. Also he was kind of cute! We met in July 2004. At Christmas, he was going home, Maine, before coming here (Ft Campbell) for his first duty station. He wanted me to meet his family, so I flew solo for the first time in my life to spend Christmas with his family. He wasn't flying up until a couple of days later by the way. He proposed on Christmas Eve. It wasn't really a surprise since I helped him pick out a ring, but as soon as Christmas was over he was headed to Ft Campbell and I was headed back to GA. He put the ring on my pillow before I went to bed. When it was time for bed I saw the ring and he came in and popped the question! We got married on May 28, 2005 and by the time you post this will have celebrated our 8 year anniversary! Although I guess you can't really celebrate it if he's not here "    
                 ~Jenny



"[Kris and I] met through an old high school friend who was in RIP together with my husband. I knew the minute I met him and shook his hand he was "the one"! He was cute, funny, kind and smart. (I would later find out that he had the same exact thought the minute he shook my hand too! Kismet!) He proposed 7 months after we met, in New Orleans. It was kind of a meeting point and special place for us while he lived in Georgia and I was in Louisiana. He spent the day asking where my favorite places were in the city and when I brought him to my favorite spot, he got down on his knee and proposed. He is going on 10 years now in the army, while we have been married for 8."  ~Katie, Fort Benning, GA




"My husband and I were set up on a date by his brother's girlfriend during his 2-week R&R from Iraq. The first thing that attracted me to him was his soft, kind eyes. They made me melt! During our first-date dinner conversation, I became attracted to his odd sense of humor that's just like mine, as well as his intelligence and clear sense of integrity. My husband proposed at the same restaurant where we went on our first date. Of course, this was on the last evening of his pre-deployment leave before another year in the desert. Andrew has been in the Army for 11 years, and I just separated from 6 years in the AF last November, so the first 3 1/2 years of our relationship (and one year of marriage) were long distance."  ~Heidi & Andrew, Ft Meade, MD




I would love to hear from you! Share your love story, and or proposal with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment