Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Car Wreck...it's been one of those weeks...

 School is in full swing, complete with homework, and I feel like I'm starting to get into the routine of things just in time to add Junior Pro Football the list of many things a full time mom puts on her agenda. I don't know why it surprises me how quickly the weeks fly by...I should have grasped the whole "time flies" concept years ago; it feels like I woke up Monday, packed my son's lunch and then fell through some time warp that spit me out on Thursday! 


It's just been one of those weeks, ya know? You know the kind--busy, hectic and then Murphy's Law assaults you. Early this week I found out my dad was in an accident at work, was hurt, but by the grace of God, was protected from far worse injury. On Tuesday, while on my way to PWOC (that's army speak for women's bible study), a lady pulled out in front of me. There was hardly enough time to stop. I braked, but still smashed into the tail end of her car. Thankfully, no one involved was seriously injured. My poor daughter was in tears! My first car wreck happened with my daughter in the back seat! Terrifying! Teenagers are supposed to wreck, not mothers! I am pretty stiff in the back area...I'm sure I wouldn't be feeling that if I was a teenager, not that I want to be--good grief, you couldn't pay me to relive my teen years! Anyway, the soreness is proof I'm getting older....boo.

This week has definitely been a lesson in the value of prayers and friendships! God has been working overtime protecting me and my family this week since Murphy has picked a battle with us, and he has provided us with amazing friends to pray for our healing and protection, sit with us on the side of the road after the accident, and lend me a vehicle until mine is fixed! God is good and so are the people He puts in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. huh... I slid off the road today and got the back of my car dented by a tree... uggh... my first insurance call in 20 years or so...

    ReplyDelete